Drew and Brooklyn Cox
Hello bloggers. It has been forever since the last time I posted a blog, but hopefully I’ll be back in full force now with Summer here and more digital shooting. Soon I hope to post my better images for Wyman’s special problems film class with a semester theme “Selling Lubbock to the World.”
As for today’s post, I had my first opportunity to take some baby shots. A special thank you to Andrew and Susan Cox for taking that chance on me. I shot their 2-month-old baby girl, Brooklyn, and their 2-year-old son, Drew.
We set up a make-shift studio in the baby room simply using a black sheet and natural window lighting. It was difficult at first considering babies and young children don’t like to be still for very long, so I ended up having to bump my ISO up to 400 which I was leary of, but all-in-all I was very happy with the images I ended up with.
It was definitely a learning experience, and I would like to share a few pointers:
1. Plug in a hair dryer and this fussy baby girl went silent everytime. (no really, it’s true)
2. Little boys love to tell you their favorite things and what they like, which makes them smile for you!
3. Make sure babies don’t get their two month booster shots the same day-haha
4. Young children are only going to be happy for so long, and then, it’s play/nap time.
5. Help from the parents is a lot of work but necessary- Andrew and Susan did great!
Of course, I learned so much more and will definitely take it with me to the next shoot!
One Response To Drew and Brooklyn Cox
Drop a comment